|Speed of Light – Increases movement speed by 70% for 8 seconds on a 45 second cooldown.|
|Long Arm of the Law – Successful Judgments increase movement speed by 45% for 3 seconds.|
|Pursuit of Justice – Increases movement speed by 15% at all times and an additional 5% per charge of Holy Power, up to 3.|
My Recommendation: Take Speed of Light for almost every encounter. Long Arm of the Law can be used if you’ve chosen Selfless Healer and the fight requires a lot of movement. Pursuit of Justice isn’t a viable option because such a small amount of movement speed isn’t nearly as useful as on-demand movement speed from Speed of Light or Long Arm of the Law.
|Fist of Justice – Stuns your target for 6 seconds on a 30 second cooldown, replaces Hammer of Justice. Reduces the cooldown of our baseline stun by 30 seconds.|
|Repentance – Incapacitates an enemy for 1 minute on a 15 second cooldown. Any damage will break the effect. Does not work on bosses.|
|Blinding Light – Disorients all enemies within 10 yards for 6 seconds on a 2 minute cooldown.|
My Recommendation: These talents are mostly preferential and won’t affect much of your healing. Fist of Justice is the most useful option for raiding as it does allow you to stun adds on certain fights, but it’s not always necessary. Blinding Light can be used on fights with multiple adds that need to be interrupted.
|Selfless Healer – Successful Judgments reduce the cast time and mana cost of your next Flash of Light by 35%, and increases its affect on others by 35%. Stacks up to 3 times.|
|Eternal Flame – Upgrades Word of Glory to add a heal-over-time effect for an additional 10% Spell power every 2 seconds for up to 30 seconds. Duration is increased by 10 seconds per charge of Holy Power up to 30 seconds.|
|Sacred Shield – Protects a target with a shield for 30 seconds. The shield absorbs up to 99.5% of Spell power every 6 seconds. Can hold up to 3 charges of Sacred Shield, recharging every 10 seconds.|
My Recommendation: The choice between Eternal Flame and Selfless Healer is largely based on preference. Both are perfectly reasonably choices, but I would suggest using Eternal Flame if you’re a new Paladin or have gear that is less than ~700 ilvl. Selfless Healer can produce higher healing-per-second but at a higher mana cost. Selfless Healer really shines once you can obtain your Archimonde Trinket and a reasonable amount of spirit to sustain it.
|Hand of Purity – Reduces damage taken by 15% and damage-over-time effects by an additional 80% for 6 seconds on a 30 second cooldown.|
|Unbreakable Spirit – Reduces the cooldown of Divine Shield, Divine Protection, and Lay on Hands by 50%.|
|Clemency – Grants 2 charges of your Hand abilities (Protection, Freedom, and Sacrifice)|
My Recommendation: Clemency is incredibly powerful and will be your go-to talent for most fights. Clemency is especially useful if you happen to be the only Paladin in your raid. If you think that a fight won’t require many uses of any of your Hand spells, Unbreakable Spirit is also a usable option. Hand of Purity has very niche cases where it’s useful but generally not very common.
|Holy Avenger – Abilities that generate Holy Power will deal 30% more damage and healing, and generate 3 Holy Power for 18 seconds on a 2 minute cooldown.|
|Sanctified Wrath – Avenging Wrath lasts 50% longer and reduces the cooldown of Holy Shock by 50% as well as increasing the Critical Strike chance of Holy Shock by 20%.|
|Divine Purpose – Word of Glory and Light of Dawn have a 25% chance to cause your next Word of Glory or Light of Dawn to consume no Holy Power but cast as if 3 were consumed.|
My Recommendation: Sanctified Wrath is the clear winner here. Reduced cooldown and increased Critical Strike on Holy Shock are incredibly good for Paladins. Pairing Sanctified Wrath with the Merciful Wrath glyph creates a very potent, consistent cooldown every minute and thirty seconds.
|Holy Prism – Heals a target for 400% Spell power and radiates 225% Spell power as damage to 5 enemies within 15 yards; or deals 300% Spell power as damage to the target and radiates 300% Spell power as healing to 5 allies within 15 yards on a 20 second cooldown.|
|Light’s Hammer – Blasts a 10 yard radius every 2 seconds for 14 seconds. Each blast deals 87% Spell power as damage to enemies or 67% Spell power as healing to up to 6 allies on a 1 minute cooldown.|
|Execution Sentence – Heals a target for 1657% Spell power over 9 seconds on a 1 minute cooldown. The amount is large at first and decreases over time.|
My Recommendation: Holy Prism will net you the most healing-per-second out of this row of talents. Make sure to always target an enemy when using this ability. Light’s Hammer has potential on certain bosses, but is still probably out-classed by Holy Prism. Execution Sentence is really only good for PvP.
Beacon of Faith – Grants a second Beacon that functions exactly like Beacon of Light.
|Beacon of Insight – Increases healing received from your next direct single-target heal, or Holy Radiance, within 1 minute by 40%. When consumed, or when the target reaches at least 90% health, it moves to the most injured party or raid member within 40 yards.|
|Saved by the Light – Grants a shield for 30% of the Beacon of Light target’s maximum health for 10 seconds when they drop below 30% health. Cannot target the same person twice within 1 minute.|
My Recommendation: Beacon of Faith is the only real option for raiding. Every fight has at least 2 tanks taking consistent damage and having a second Beacon to be able to cover both is very powerful. Saved by the Light is useful in 5-man Dungeons, Challenge Modes, and PvP.
- Glyph of Hand of Sacrifice – Hand of Sacrifice no longer redirects damage to the Paladin. You should be casting Hand of Sacrifice on the tanks when they take heavy damage and this keeps you from dying while doing it.
- Glyph of Merciful Wrath – Reduces the cooldown and effect of Avenging Wrath by 50%. This also reduces Holy Shock’s additional Critical Strike chance from Sanctified Wrath by 50% (down to an additional 10%) as well as the reduced cooldown (down to an additional 25%). This glyph is very powerful in conjunction with Sanctified Wrath. Sanctified Wrath by itself can be more healing than needed and this turns the cooldown into a much more consistent effect.
- Glyph of Beacon of Light – Removes the global cooldown on Beacon of Light. Useful for fights where you would want to swap Beacons frequently.
- Glyph of Cleanse – Cleanse now has a maximum of 2 charges, but its cooldown is increased by 4 seconds. Useful for fights with a lot of debuffs that need to be dispelled.
- Divine Protection – Reduces the magical damage reduction of your Divine Protection by 20% but adds 20% physical damage reduction. Useful on fights where large amounts of damage is physical instead of magic.
- Glyph of Divinity – Increase the cooldown of your Lay on Hands by 2 minutes but causes it to give you 10% of your maximum mana. Useful on a fight where mana is tight and other glyphs aren’t as useful.
- Glyph of Flash of Light – Flash of Light increases the next heal done to that target by 10% for 7 seconds. A good choice that pairs well with Selfless Healer.
- Glyph of Protector of the Innocent – Word of Glory heals you for 20% the amount it heals when cast on other party or raid members. A decent glyph if nothing else is very helpful, but will not give you much HPS.